Task 1 of 0
2. Aural learners
Aural learners respond to sound, music, recordings, rhymes, rhythms etc. They remember conversations well and music causes an emotional response in them.
Strategies for teaching aural learners:
- Encourage your clients to participate in discussions.
- If reading is required suggest audio books if appropriate.
- Suggest for them to listen to music as they go over material.
- Allow recordings of your training sessions or make your lessons accessible via online course platforms – this is also helpful for other learning types.
- Get clients to pair up and explain concepts to each other.
- Encourage problem-solving aloud.
- Suggest rereading their notes back to themselves when they get home.
- Use mnemonic devices and rhyming.
- If you are explaining a story, play relevant sounds from your computer.